Temora National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Temora New South Wales and you are invited.
As a small town located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Temora may not seem like a hub of cultural events and celebrations. However, there are several nationally or globally recognized annual events that both locals and visitors can observe in and around Temora. From aviation shows to agricultural fairs, here are some of the most noteworthy events:
1. Temora Aviation Museum Aircraft Showcase: Held several times a year, the Aircraft Showcase is a chance for aviation enthusiasts to witness some of the rarest and most impressive planes in operation. The museum has a collection that includes World War II fighter aircraft, Vietnam-era helicopters, and more. Visitors can watch the planes take off and land, see them flying in formation, and listen to commentary from knowledgeable volunteers.
2. Temora Agricultural Show: For more than 130 years, the Temora Agricultural Show has been a staple of the town's calendar. The show includes livestock displays and judging, as well as competitive exhibits for crafts, cooking, and horticulture. There are also carnival rides, live music, and food and drink vendors. The show takes place in September each year.
3. NAIDOC Week: NAIDOC (National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee) Week is a nationwide celebration of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and history. In Temora, activities and events are held during the first week of July to honor the local Wiradjuri people and their customs. The week includes cultural performances, arts and crafts workshops, storytelling, and more.
4. Anzac Day: As one of Australia's most important public holidays, Anzac Day honors the memory of the soldiers who fought and died in World War I. In Temora, a dawn service is held at the War Memorial, followed by a march through the town and a commemoration ceremony. It is a somber but moving event that brings the community together in remembrance.
5. Christmas Spectacular: Near the end of each year, Temora puts on a Christmas Spectacular that includes a street parade, live music, food vendors, and fireworks. The kids' zone has activities such as face painting, jumping castles, and a petting zoo. It is a fun-filled way to get in the holiday spirit and spend time with loved ones.
These are just a few of the many annual events that occur in and around Temora. Whether you are interested in planes, agriculture, culture, history, or simply having a good time, there is something for everyone here. Keep an eye on the town's official website and social media pages to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings.